BoatBanter.com

-   -   ICOM 402 VHF (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10407-icom-402-vhf.html)

Baybyter July 20th 04 06:16 PM

ICOM 402 VHF

I recently bought a boat that has a nearly new ICOM 402 vhf. Nice radio, but
didn't come with the instruction manual. I looked it up on the web and
downloaded the manual. Turns out, my model must be last year's as the manual
shows a slightly different control panel. The question I have is whether there
is anyway to turn off the light that lights the LCD panel when you don't need
it?

I had an older ICOM on a previous boat, and that radio had a dual switch to
dim the light when not needed. Can't figure out how to that with the new
radio, however.