BoatBanter.com

-   -   Somali Pirates (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/104009-somali-pirates.html)

Ron Wilson April 11th 09 05:35 PM

Somali Pirates

This Somali pirate thing is completely out of control. Next they will
be seizing US Navy vessels. Why isn't President Obama acting more
forcefully? I know several people who are now ashamed they voted for
Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if Pelosi, Reid and Obama gave Somalia
an aid package of several billion dollars if they stop the piracy.
Stephen Decatur spins in his grave!

Ron Wilson

KLC Lewis April 11th 09 05:41 PM

Somali Pirates

"Ron Wilson" wrote in message
This Somali pirate thing is completely out of control. Next they will
be seizing US Navy vessels. Why isn't President Obama acting more
forcefully? I know several people who are now ashamed they voted for
Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if Pelosi, Reid and Obama gave Somalia
an aid package of several billion dollars if they stop the piracy.
Stephen Decatur spins in his grave!

Ron Wilson

Like all politicians, he's worried about the loss of civilian lives and
corporate property. He did move naval ships into position to block the
pirates coming to the aid of their fellow blackguards, but I would like to
see all of the pirates blown out of the water. Civilian and military lives
may be lost in the action. Poop happens. Sorry. But we will NOT tolerate
piracy. This is what a Navy is for.

Martin[_4_] April 11th 09 11:33 PM

Somali Pirates

Ron Wilson wrote:
This Somali pirate thing is completely out of control. Next they will
be seizing US Navy vessels. Why isn't President Obama acting more
forcefully? I know several people who are now ashamed they voted for
Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if Pelosi, Reid and Obama gave Somalia
an aid package of several billion dollars if they stop the piracy.
Stephen Decatur spins in his grave!

Ron Wilson

Jeeze Ron, he's doing the same as your hero JW did....

[email protected] April 12th 09 02:32 AM

Somali Pirates

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:41:40 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Ron Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
This Somali pirate thing is completely out of control. Next they will
be seizing US Navy vessels. Why isn't President Obama acting more
forcefully? I know several people who are now ashamed they voted for
Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if Pelosi, Reid and Obama gave Somalia
an aid package of several billion dollars if they stop the piracy.
Stephen Decatur spins in his grave!

Ron Wilson

Like all politicians, he's worried about the loss of civilian lives and
corporate property. He did move naval ships into position to block the
pirates coming to the aid of their fellow blackguards, but I would like to
see all of the pirates blown out of the water. Civilian and military lives
may be lost in the action. Poop happens. Sorry. But we will NOT tolerate
piracy. This is what a Navy is for.

You could start by hunting down and killing anyone who pays a ransom
to the pirates.

thunder April 12th 09 03:16 AM

Somali Pirates

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:32:49 -0400, salty wrote:

You could start by hunting down and killing anyone who pays a ransom to
the pirates.

Damn, that makes more sense than any of the other *solutions* I've read.

Sal Monella April 12th 09 04:19 PM

Somali Pirates

"thunder" wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:32:49 -0400, salty wrote:

You could start by hunting down and killing anyone who pays a ransom to
the pirates.

Damn, that makes more sense than any of the other *solutions* I've read.

It is quite brilliant and the only morally correct solution. Very brilliant
indeed.

Richard Casady April 12th 09 08:18 PM

Somali Pirates

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:32:49 -0400, wrote:

You could start by hunting down and killing anyone who pays a ransom
to the pirates.

You could start by passing laws against it, before you start the
murders.

Casady

[email protected] April 12th 09 11:37 PM

Somali Pirates

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:18:12 -0500, Richard Casady
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:32:49 -0400, wrote:

You could start by hunting down and killing anyone who pays a ransom
to the pirates.

You could start by passing laws against it, before you start the
murders.

Casady

Too late for that, and who exactly can pass laws that will be obeyed
worldwide?

Anyone who pays a ransom to pirates is aiding terrorists. Burn 'em,
blow 'em up. Stop them, and discourage anyone else from even thinking
about it.

Jim April 13th 09 12:34 AM

Somali Pirates

Ron Wilson wrote:
This Somali pirate thing is completely out of control. Next they will
be seizing US Navy vessels. Why isn't President Obama acting more
forcefully? I know several people who are now ashamed they voted for
Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if Pelosi, Reid and Obama gave Somalia
an aid package of several billion dollars if they stop the piracy.
Stephen Decatur spins in his grave!

Ron Wilson

In light of today's outcome, don't you feel like an idiot?

KLC Lewis April 13th 09 03:11 PM

Somali Pirates

wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:18:12 -0500, Richard Casady
Anyone who pays a ransom to pirates is aiding terrorists. Burn 'em,
blow 'em up. Stop them, and discourage anyone else from even thinking
about it.

Anyone who submits to being mugged is aiding the mugger. Shoot 'em. That'll
discourage anyone else from not resisting being mugged.