Sandy

Default Front mounted ball on Toyota Tundra Double Cab

We just purchased a Sea Ray 190 Sun Deck. My husband has been the one
who tows and backs the boat into the storage garage. I would like to
be able to use the boat even if my husband cannot come. I am 90% sure
I could not back the boat into the garage because there is not a lot
of clearance on either side of the garage. It seems to me if I
mounted a hitch to the front of the truck it would be easier to get
the boat into the garage. The surface around and in the garage is
gravel. I would like to hear others' experiences who have used a
front mounted hitch to back their boat into storage with a gravel
surface.
Thanks.
Sandy
Jere Lull

In article ,
(Sandy) wrote:

We just purchased a Sea Ray 190 Sun Deck. My husband has been the one
who tows and backs the boat into the storage garage. I would like to
be able to use the boat even if my husband cannot come. I am 90% sure
I could not back the boat into the garage because there is not a lot
of clearance on either side of the garage. It seems to me if I
mounted a hitch to the front of the truck it would be easier to get
the boat into the garage. The surface around and in the garage is
gravel. I would like to hear others' experiences who have used a
front mounted hitch to back their boat into storage with a gravel
surface.
Thanks.
Sandy

Practicing in an empty part of a parking lot will help you safely learn
the fine points. The front-mounted hitch might be handy, but you may not
need it.

BTW, a trick I heard somehwere that served me well: Grab the bottom of
the steering wheel while backing the trailer up. Try it and see how it
works for you.

BUT, if I were your hubby, I'd have no problem with your parking the
boat in front of the garage for me to put away. I would LOVE it if my
wife took the boat out without me. Though a capable beginner, she can't
stop comparing her abilities to mine, so only takes the helm when
absolutely necessary. That's stifled her advancement.

--
Jere Lull
Xan's Pages: