BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yanmar question (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10243-yanmar-question.html)

SAIL LOCO June 22nd 04 05:37 PM

Yanmar question

Greetings, does anyone know what the hard pipe that exits from the back of the
cylinder head on a 2GM is for? It curves down between the engine and the
flywheel housing. I think I have a slow drip from the end of this pipe. I
have a Yanmar service manual that shows the pipe in question on one of the line
drawings of the complete engine but it is never mentioned or shown anywhere
else in the manual. Thanks.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Marc June 22nd 04 09:32 PM

Yanmar question

I'm looking at the service manual for the 2gm20F. I think you are
refering to an external oil line that runs from the rocker arm gallery
to the main bearings.

SAIL LOCO June 23rd 04 04:06 PM

Yanmar question

,,I'm looking at the service manual for the 2gm20F. I think you are
refering to an external oil line that runs from the rocker arm gallery
to the main bearings.

Marc,
I believe your correct. I went back and looked at my service manual again
and the piping drawing shows the external oil line. Being an ex hot rodder I
just never thought of external oil lines. I thought it might be some kind of
drain. I can't see the block attachment end of this line but I'm going to see
if I can reach the fitting where this line attaches to the block and see if
there is a drip there. Thanks.

SAIL LOCO June 23rd 04 04:06 PM

Yanmar question

water or oil?.

Oil.

Dick June 24th 04 06:28 PM

Yanmar question

Greetings, does anyone know what the hard pipe that exits from the back
of the
cylinder head on a 2GM is for? It curves down between the engine and the
flywheel housing. I think I have a slow drip from the end of this pipe.

Make sure it is not your valve cover gasket leaking and dripping down on the
pipe. I thought I had the same problem once but it turned out to be the valve
cover gasket.

Dick