BoatBanter.com

-   -   BVI Coast Pilot (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10178-bvi-coast-pilot.html)

Dale June 9th 04 03:57 AM

BVI Coast Pilot

Does anyone know where I can download a Coastal Pilot for the BVIs? I
can find one on the noaa site for the USVI but not British. I can't
find a complimentary British or international site.

Thanks.

TomT June 9th 04 06:25 PM

BVI Coast Pilot

Dale wrote:

Does anyone know where I can download a Coastal Pilot for the BVIs? I
can find one on the noaa site for the USVI but not British. I can't
find a complimentary British or international site.

The closest pub to what you're looking for that I'm aware of is Pub
147 "Sailing Directions (Enroute) Caribbean Sea Volume 1". (The one I
have was printed by the Defense Mapping Agency - - - I think that may
be NIMA now.)

I tried Googling for "Sailing Directions" and "British Virgin Islands"
and came up with a few sites. I'll leave checking them out to you.

HTH.

TomT

Glenn Ashmore June 12th 04 12:15 AM

BVI Coast Pilot

Go ahead and spring for a copy of Scotts Cruising Guide to the Virgin
Islands. It is pretty well the last word in coastal pilotage for the BVI.

I saw a copy on the bridge of the Carnival Legend once. Not to call
that a vote of confidence in either the book or the cruise line. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com