BoatBanter.com

-   -   yanmar (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10104-yanmar.html)

Wwj2110 May 25th 04 10:55 PM

yanmar

I have a yanmar 2 cylinder diesel that I want to install into a 26' balboa
sailboat. This motor was formerly used in a non marine envirnment. Im
entertaining the idea
of remodeling the stern of this boat to accomadate this engine.
Power transmission seems to be my biggest challenge as ive thought of
diesel/hydraulic , diesel /electric or possibly a driveshaft/gearbox
combination.
Any input or past experience in this area is greatly appreciated.

Jerry