BoatBanter.com

-   -   Need a grease gun, but it has to match marine grease cartridges (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/10096-need-grease-gun-but-has-match-marine-grease-cartridges.html)

MLapla4120 May 24th 04 11:44 PM

Need a grease gun, but it has to match marine grease cartridges

Hi,
I want to grease up my 555 Sea tiger windlass and want to buy a grease
gun, hopefully small that takes marine grease cartridges. Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian Whatcott May 25th 04 12:22 AM

On 24 May 2004 22:44:17 GMT, (MLapla4120) wrote:

Hi,
I want to grease up my 555 Sea tiger windlass and want to buy a grease
gun, hopefully small that takes marine grease cartridges. Any ideas?

Thanks

There is an internet search engine called Google.
If you enter 'marine grease gun' you will find several sources on the
first page of hits. The smallest I saw takes 3 oz cartridges,

The bigger ones are more cost-effective and utilitarian, naturally.

Brian W

Rod McInnis May 25th 04 07:08 PM

"MLapla4120" wrote in message
Hi,
I want to grease up my 555 Sea tiger windlass and want to buy a grease
gun, hopefully small that takes marine grease cartridges. Any ideas?

I was aware that there was such a thing as "marine grease", but I was
unaware that the cartridges the grease was in was any different than the
standard general purpose grease.

Why do you want to use small cartridges? I hate changing the cartridges, it
makes a mess and they are more expensive.

Rod

nfisherman May 26th 04 02:23 AM

Need a grease gun, but it has to match marine grease cartridges

(MLapla4120) wrote in message ...
Hi,
I want to grease up my 555 Sea tiger windlass and want to buy a grease
gun, hopefully small that takes marine grease cartridges. Any ideas?

Thanks

I bought a small grease gun and a package of 3 three-ounce tubes of
Pennzoil synthetic marine grease at Wal Mart. I don't remember the
price. I'm sure it was much more expensive per ounce than the larger
gun and grease tubes. On the other hand, the small gun is easier to
fit in my took kit. I still have one of the original grease tubes
left three years later, so cost isn't a big issue for me.