BoatBanter.com

-   -   Good high speed sailing video... (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/100470-good-high-speed-sailing-video.html)

Wayne.B November 30th 08 03:45 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

.... with a spectacular pitch pole wipeout about 1/3rd of the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3oJ4htjSY

[email protected] November 30th 08 04:06 PM

Wayne.B wrote:
... with a spectacular pitch pole wipeout about 1/3rd of the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3oJ4htjSY

Yeah, if the boats would only catch fire after one of those, then
sailing could replace NASCAR.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Larry November 30th 08 05:33 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

Wayne.B wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3oJ4htjSY

Skinny guys make such awful ballast and counterweights....

My car mechanic has a big Hobie Cat. I've been drown on it a few times.

He claims my fat ass raises its speed a good 8 to 12 knots on a windy
day...(c; I did get dumped overboard, which caused an immediate nasty
broach from lack of counterbalance when my "ballast" parted the harness
halyard. When he came back around to retrieve me, he looked as white as a
sheet until he saw me laughing so hard I could hardly swim to the boat...
(c;

I want to try sailing one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...r&search_type=
Hell, the camera power boat can't even keep up with it!

Wayne.B November 30th 08 05:40 PM

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 08:06:32 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Yeah, if the boats would only catch fire after one of those, then
sailing could replace NASCAR.

Maybe - If you could build bleacher seats on the water and sell lots
of beer.

Wayne.B November 30th 08 05:42 PM

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:33:43 +0000, Larry wrote:

I want to try sailing one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...r&search_type=
Hell, the camera power boat can't even keep up with it!

I've seen one in action. They look seriously strange coming at you
on the water.

Larry November 30th 08 05:44 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

Wayne.B wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3oJ4htjSY

I also like the hydrofoil jetski:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObfl...eature=related

"What's the problem, officer?"

"You were running 40 mph through the no wake zone."

"I wasn't producing a wake, officer. 'No Wake' isn't a speed limit, it's a
state of the water."

Look at the video...there's no wake at all!

Brian Whatcott November 30th 08 05:52 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:33:43 +0000, Larry wrote:

I want to try sailing one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...r&search_type=
Hell, the camera power boat can't even keep up with it!

They mentioned 3X wind speed upwind: lets see: 12 kts of wind makes
for 36kts. Yowza!

BrianW

Gregory Hall November 30th 08 06:09 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

"Larry" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote in
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3oJ4htjSY

I also like the hydrofoil jetski:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObfl...eature=related

"What's the problem, officer?"

"You were running 40 mph through the no wake zone."

"I wasn't producing a wake, officer. 'No Wake' isn't a speed limit, it's
state of the water."

Look at the video...there's no wake at all!

Hey stupid. There is no such thing as a no wake zone. That's only half the
statute. The whole statute is "Idle speed/no wake." Now wake up and think
before you run your mouth and make yourself look really stupid.

--
Gregory Hall

Brian Whatcott November 30th 08 06:14 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:09:32 -0500, "Gregory Hall"
wrote:

Hey stupid. There is no such thing as a no wake zone. That's only half the
statute. The whole statute is "Idle speed/no wake." Now wake up and think
before you run your mouth and make yourself look really stupid.

--
Gregory Hall

Wilbur, do be a good boy and run along.

Brian W

Larry November 30th 08 06:27 PM

Good high speed sailing video...

"Gregory Hall" wrote in
:

Hey stupid. There is no such thing as a no wake zone. That's only half
the statute. The whole statute is "Idle speed/no wake." Now wake up
and think before you run your mouth and make yourself look really
stupid.

--
Gregory Hall

Hmm...not what it says in South Carolina.