BoatBanter.com

-   -   Norseman fittings (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/100059-norseman-fittings.html)

Gordon November 15th 08 08:12 PM

Norseman fittings

I have some good used Norseman fittings I want to reuse. How do I get
the old wire ends out of fittings. Are they gooped in? What solvent
would I use if so.
Gordon

Steve Lusardi November 15th 08 08:42 PM

Norseman fittings

Gorden,
Don't worry about it. Those cores must be replaced for safety anyway.
Steve

m...

Jere Lull November 15th 08 10:46 PM

Norseman fittings

On 2008-11-15 15:12:38 -0500, Gordon said:

I have some good used Norseman fittings I want to reuse. How do I get
the old wire ends out of fittings. Are they gooped in? What solvent
would I use if so.

No problem. Unscrew, cut off the wire, get new cones, assemble on new wire.

--
Jere Lull