BoatBanter.com

-   -   deck repair, balsa core, not the glass .. to make top skin question (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/93669-deck-repair-balsa-core-not-glass-make-top-skin-question.html)

Thomas, Spring Point Light April 12th 08 03:07 AM

deck repair, balsa core, not the glass .. to make top skin question

I've cut the deck open, cleaned out the mush, sanded,, bought new balsa..

Ok,, now I must put glass on top of the balsa.. build up to level with
existing deck..

What cloth to use? What is biaxial cloth?

I figure two to three layers should do it ..

do I start with one type, lay another type on top,, and then another to get
kinda smooth surface?

[email protected] April 13th 08 06:30 AM

deck repair, balsa core, not the glass .. to make top skinquestion

See:

http://www.westsystem.com/ewmag/19/Replacing_Core.html

MW
Los Angeles