BoatBanter.com

-   -   What steering system? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/87495-what-steering-system.html)

Froggie October 31st 07 01:23 AM

What steering system?

I'm building a SAG 17' skiff and was wondering which steering system would
be better and why...a rack and pinion or rotary system.

[email protected] November 2nd 07 12:54 PM

What steering system?

On Oct 30, 9:23 pm, "Froggie" wrote:
I'm building a SAG 17' skiff and was wondering which steering system would
be better and why...a rack and pinion or rotary system.

Whatever fits best. What size engine are you putting on it, how wide
is it? Just curious.

Froggie November 3rd 07 01:37 PM

What steering system?

It has a 7' beam and takes up to a 50 hp 4-cycle outboard. The hull weight
is 315 lbs.

oups.com...

Ron Magen November 5th 07 05:10 PM

What steering system?

'Froggie',

I'd be REAL interested if you find a 'rotary' system. IF it's the 'cable &
pulley' system I'm thinking of, it's very simple, but supposedly NOBODY
makes them anymore.

When I wanted to use 'this' on a 10ft 'Tug Boat', I couldn't find the 'spool
& wheel' and the cheapest 'modern system' was about $150 !! {MORE then all
the other materials, COMBINED}

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Froggie" wrote in message
. ..
It has a 7' beam and takes up to a 50 hp 4-cycle outboard. The hull

weight
is 315 lbs.

oups.com...