BoatBanter.com

-   -   Boat building pics (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/84894-boat-building-pics.html)

Bill August 13th 07 07:15 PM

Boat building pics

Hi out there.

As some of you may know I am building a Hawaiian outrigger sailing
canoe. I finally posted some pictures here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/billd/s...7601394224742/

We are taking our time at it to keep it fun but I think we will be
done by early next summer. It's my first build and so far it's been a
very enjoyable and chalenging experience. I spent a lot of time
planning and reading before hand so I hope it will pay off.

Bill

roger[_2_] August 13th 07 11:39 PM

Boat building pics

canoe. I finally posted some pictures herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/billd/sets/72157601394224742/

We are taking our time at it to keep it fun but I think we will be
done by early next summer. It's my first build and so far it's been a
very enjoyable and chalenging experience. I spent a lot of time
planning and reading before hand so I hope it will pay off.

Bill

thats really cool

(PeteCresswell) August 14th 07 12:20 AM

Boat building pics

Per Bill:
As some of you may know I am building a Hawaiian outrigger sailing
canoe.

One suggestion: build in enough foam block floatation so that it
won't swamp beyond the point where you can bail it.

Been there.... Malibu Outrigger off of Diamond Head - and that
sucker even had a (supposedly..) watertight hatch.
--
PeteCresswell

Bill August 14th 07 12:37 AM

Boat building pics

On Aug 13, 4:20 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Bill:

As some of you may know I am building a Hawaiian outrigger sailing
canoe.

One suggestion: build in enough foam block floatation so that it
won't swamp beyond the point where you can bail it.

Been there.... Malibu Outrigger off of Diamond Head - and that
sucker even had a (supposedly..) watertight hatch.
--
PeteCresswell

12 feet of decking all glassed in and filled with float foam and no
hatches. Also two outriggers both made of float foam. with a small
amount of wood laminate around the outside and glassed.