BoatBanter.com

-   -   Shanty boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/78020-shanty-boats.html)

Clark February 2nd 07 03:41 PM

Shanty boats

Anyone know of any sites about building small houseboats in the back yard.

Tom February 2nd 07 05:55 PM

Shanty boats

On Feb 2, 6:41 pm, "Clark" wrote:
Anyone know of any sites about building small houseboats in the back yard.

check duckworksmagazine.com. This has several designers and design
links, as well as discussions.

Bob February 4th 07 07:17 AM

Shanty boats

On Feb 2, 9:55 am, "Tom" wrote:
On Feb 2, 6:41 pm, "Clark" wrote:

Anyone know of any sites about building small houseboats in the back yard.

check duckworksmagazine.com. This has several designers and design
links, as well as discussions.

The first time I saw some were in Seattle in the way early 1980s. They
looked like gayly painted Bask wagons sitting in a barge. As before
24' and cute. I talked to an owner-bulilder. Reasonably easy. They are
all sqare and if ya get one designed right near zero waste on the 1/2"
ply and 2"x4s" Jay Benford had lines for one.... in the mid 80s or
atleast I think. Very accessable guy. Send him a note.
BOb