BoatBanter.com

-   -   outboard height on a pod & cavitation plate angle (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/77475-outboard-height-pod-cavitation-plate-angle.html)

Stevens January 13th 07 11:44 AM

outboard height on a pod & cavitation plate angle

hi there,

I have been rebuilding a 6-meter fibreglass boat off and on over the last
four years, and I am nearly there. I have just purchased a Suzuki DF140 to
mount on the pod that is fitted. I read that you should raise the cavitation
plate 1" for every 12" of set back, so I got that part covered (I hope), but
how do you measure it.

Do you measure it with the cavitation plate set parallel with the hull or
with the motor trimmed in, out or at some other angle Anyone know the answer
or got a drawing.

Regards

Bruce