BoatBanter.com

-   -   Make my boat shine (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7231-make-my-boat-shine.html)

Tyger July 18th 04 11:58 PM

Make my boat shine

I have a metalic paint on my boat. What do I need to clean the paint
and get back the original shine and make the flakes sparkle again.

DB July 19th 04 06:52 PM

Make my boat shine

Vertglas......I am doing mine right now.....I will tell you how it goes
soon. I tried everything, but this seams to be the best solution other than
costly re-gel.

Drew

"Tyger" wrote in message
om...
I have a metalic paint on my boat. What do I need to clean the paint
and get back the original shine and make the flakes sparkle again.

---

Paul Oman July 20th 04 11:56 PM

Make my boat shine

Tyger wrote:

I have a metalic paint on my boat. What do I need to clean the paint
and get back the original shine and make the flakes sparkle again.

Best fix, I think, is a Awlgrip type clear 2 part urethane with UV
blockers.

I have found waxes etc only work for a few weeks or months.

anyway, email directly if you cannot find the clear 2 part urethanes.

paul oman

--

"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include
a free trip around the Sun every year."

Glenn Ashmore July 21st 04 12:10 AM

Make my boat shine

If it is a metal flake finish it is probably an automotive acrylic or
urethane laquer. You will get better results with an automotive rubbing
compound and a medium speed buffer.

Tyger wrote:
I have a metalic paint on my boat. What do I need to clean the paint
and get back the original shine and make the flakes sparkle again.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

MMC July 22nd 04 02:38 PM

Make my boat shine

I used Poly Glow with great success, hull still looks great after a year and
it was pretty bad when I started.
The only people I've met who don't like this product either haven't used it
or haven't used it properly. Oh yeah, and a guy who supplements his income
polishing boats, which never come out looking as good as Poly Glow.

"DB" wrote in message
.. .
Vertglas......I am doing mine right now.....I will tell you how it goes
soon. I tried everything, but this seams to be the best solution other

than
costly re-gel.

Drew

om...