BoatBanter.com

-   -   teakwood (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7216-teakwood.html)

Glenn July 14th 04 03:04 PM

teakwood

I am doing a small job on my boat and would like to get a few small
pieces of teakwood. There is a website in Thailand that sells it but I
would like to purchase locally, at least in the US, if I can. I live
in central New York. Any body know of a place I can get some teak?

Glenn

John Cassara July 14th 04 04:38 PM

teakwood

West Marine, Boat US, Defender, Your Local Lumber Yard-Not Home Depot but a
real lumber yard can special order it!

John

om...

[email protected] July 14th 04 04:42 PM

teakwood

(Glenn) wrote in
om:

I am doing a small job on my boat and would like to get a few small
pieces of teakwood. There is a website in Thailand that sells it but I
would like to purchase locally, at least in the US, if I can. I live
in central New York. Any body know of a place I can get some teak?

Glenn

If the amount is really small, and or odd sized your best bet is to look
up furniture or cabinet makers in your area. For Teak it is often best
to contact area shipyards and such for names of yacht woodworkers and
shops. Many, MANY times I have found a piece or two that I needed by
using this method.

--
-=The answer is simple...send pretzels to the Whitehouse!=-

mike worrall July 15th 04 04:37 PM

teakwood

You'll find it a lot closer than Thailand!

see:

http://www.memphishardwoodlumber.com/

http://www.highlandhardwoods.com/contact.html

http://www.sjlumbermans.com/lumberpricelist/

all of which are retail lumber yards in NY / NJ, USA! They'll gladly
sell you "a few small pieces" in 'board foot' increments.

Generally, the yellow pages heading for hardwoods is 'Lumber and
Building Materials / Hardwoods'

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles