BoatBanter.com

-   -   Power & Sail (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7158-power-sail.html)

Matt Langenfeld June 29th 04 11:38 AM

Power & Sail

Anyone using Edmonds' Power and Sail formulas? I'm curious of the
history behind the safety factor used in in calculating design pressure
for wooden boat hulls. If that because wood is less predictable
structure-wise?

Very good read by the way.

I'm also wondering if BS1088 grade ply was considered in the forumla.

Disclaimer: Not looking to change any formula or reduce safety. This is
just a history lesson for me. Curious "gee-wiz" stuff.

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft