BoatBanter.com

-   -   Braggin (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7118-re-braggin.html)

P.C. Ford June 14th 04 05:45 AM

Braggin

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:10:34 GMT, Matt Langenfeld
wrote:

Don't ya just hate those designs that just have those "crappy autocad
images" and not real pictures? ;)

Don't ya just hate turkeys that post pictures on non-binary
newsgroups?

(Especially nasty looking little boats?)

Stephen Baker June 14th 04 12:13 PM

Braggin

Matt L says:

goble goble! ;P

So - why not post the pics the correct way, so that people whose newsreaders
won't allow binaries at all can see them?

Still waiting to make up my mind on whether it is indeed a "nasty looking
little boat"

Silence may just imply an affirmative here... ;-P

Steve

Matt Langenfeld June 14th 04 10:12 PM

Braggin

can someone tell me how to post it up the proper way?

Or just check out http://www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=CFSOT

or maybe http://jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=CFSOT

or even www.jemwatercraft.com/proddetail.php?prod=CFSOT

Stephen Baker June 15th 04 02:21 AM

Braggin

Matt says:

can someone tell me how to post it up the proper way?

Heehee - you just did. Providing a link is the "netiquette" way. Sticking a
binary into a post is a no-no.
/Miss Manners

The reason for this is that (depending on your newsreader) the binary will just
open up and it can be embarrassing if wife/kids/boss are around when said
binary is not what it claims to be, or simply is something you really didn't
want on your screen at that time (have you ever opened one of those "Britney
Spears Nude" posts?)
For those who WANT pics in their news, there are a whole bunch of binary groups
to choose from, from the alt.binaries.erotica series to
alt.binaries.pictures.tall-ships (I kid you not!)

Steve HTH