Karsten

Default Remote steering conversion

Hello folks:

My students and I will build a small speed boat next fall. We will use a
9.9 Evinrude (approx. 1978) but I just noticed that it is not set up for
remote steering and throttle. I am mostly concerned about the throttle;
there currently is just the twist grip set-up. How does one convert this
to remote throttle?

Are there kits, plans, suppliers for this sort of thing?

Any leads/ideas regarding remote steering and throttle are welcome.

Thanks,
Karsten

jcassara

Look at the linkage and the cowling rim. There should be a
cable clamp to mount the cable housing on the cowling and a
position to mount he working end of the cable on the
linkage. If their not there you will have to purchase the
parts from a dealer.

John

"Karsten" wrote in message
lkaboutboa
ts.com...

Cable Steering Problem sue General 4 July 15th 04 12:05 AM
Steering Adjustment on Sugar Sand Tango Lucas Stark General 4 June 30th 04 08:03 PM
cable steering Gregory McGuire General 1 June 8th 04 12:52 AM
Steel Boat Double Ended Transon Hung Rudder Conversion Gcrothers Boat Building 1 July 26th 03 12:58 AM
Stiff steering on Johnson 15hp Lloyd Sumpter General 1 July 11th 03 12:22 AM