BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anyone know how to repair/rebuild a Mako transom? Or someone who can do it? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/7045-anyone-know-how-repair-rebuild-mako-transom-someone-who-can-do.html)

Investcom May 27th 04 08:08 PM

Anyone know how to repair/rebuild a Mako transom? Or someone who can do it?

I own a 20 or 21 foot Mako center console, late 1970's vintage. The plywood
has delaminated at the top of the transom, both sides, but (as far as I can
tell) not in the center, where the motor is mounted. The only estimate I have
for repair is unofficial but way too high (more than the boat is worth, after
repair) so I am looking for advice on how it can be done, or better yet someone
not too far from Long Island Sound that can do it at a reasonable cost.

Jacques May 28th 04 02:51 PM

(Investcom) wrote in message ...
I own a 20 or 21 foot Mako center console, late 1970's vintage. The plywood
has delaminated at the top of the transom, both sides, but (as far as I can
tell) not in the center, where the motor is mounted. The only estimate I have
for repair is unofficial but way too high (more than the boat is worth, after
repair) so I am looking for advice on how it can be done, or better yet someone
not too far from Long Island Sound that can do it at a reasonable cost.

There is a whole web site about that:
http://www.classicmako.com/
Go to the Projects page and you'll see how to repair your transom.
Then go to our web site:
http://boatbuildercentral.com
and we will specify exactly what type of glass and resin you need plus
the foam or plywood if you want.

Jacques from bateau.com

Investcom May 29th 04 08:58 PM

Anyone know how to repair/rebuild a Mako transom? Or someone who can do it?

Thanks for the info... great site!