BoatBanter.com

-   -   Oil Pan on 21' bayliner (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/69512-oil-pan-21-bayliner.html)

T-Rav May 9th 06 12:27 AM

Oil Pan on 21' bayliner

Hello, I have 350 in my 2150 Bayliner. Anyone ever have any luck
pulling the oil pan without pulling the engine.

reader May 9th 06 12:41 AM

Oil Pan on 21' bayliner

"T-Rav" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I have 350 in my 2150 Bayliner. Anyone ever have any luck
pulling the oil pan without pulling the engine.

Even if there's enough room and you actually succeed in changing the pan,
there's a good chance it will leak (can't do a good job standing on your
head- at least I can't).

Then you'll have to pull the motor anyway.

Why not "do it right the first time"??? WOW, what a concept!

Pull the motor, look for additional stuff that needs to be
repaired/replaced. Then enjoy several years of *reliable* boating.

You're welcome.