BoatBanter.com

-   -   WeekEnd Update (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6942-re-weekend-update.html)

Lew Hodgett May 4th 04 04:37 AM

WeekEnd Update

The following are copies of some posts made on another list/

++++++++++++++++++++++++
On 4/26/04, I wrote:

Definitely warm on Saturday, hit 95F on Sunday and 101F today.

As a politician currently running for office is fond of saying, "Bring it

on".

Sure beats the hell out of snow and cold rain.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today I wrote:

Well, this weekend is sort of a repeat last.

Friday was warm, a record.

Saturday was HOT, another record.

Sunday was 102F, still another record.

Today was 103F before noon, now this is becoming a broken record.

Fire season has been declared here in SoCal, now that is at least 3 weeks
earlier than usual.

I'd bitch about how tough it is to try to work outdoors with glass under
these conditions, but then I look at all the people I drive by who are
bent over all day in the fields these days picking strawberries.

Talk about a reality check.

Or listen to my mother tell me about the weather in Northern Ohio and
100+F looks awfully good.

Still lay glass in this weather, just do it from 5:00PM till sundown.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures