BoatBanter.com

-   -   waterjet canoe (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/65089-waterjet-canoe.html)

[email protected] January 9th 06 09:08 PM

waterjet canoe

I just went to the Houston Boat Show. Saw a sneak boat and a canoe
that had small motors, like lawnmower, connected to a small water pump
under the stern. Hand start the motor and turn cover on the pump for
direction. Picked up information and then lost it on the way home.
Anyone know who build or sells these.

Thanks Ron

Sailaway January 10th 06 05:49 PM

waterjet canoe

I just went to the Houston Boat Show. Saw a sneak boat and a canoe
that had small motors, like lawnmower, connected to a small water pump
under the stern. Hand start the motor and turn cover on the pump for
direction. Picked up information and then lost it on the way home.
Anyone know who build or sells these.

Thanks Ron

I'd be most interested in this also, if anyone has any info/web
addresses as I have not found anything on searches yet.

[email protected] January 10th 06 11:52 PM

waterjet canoe

I'm not sure about the boat show, but check out this site. It has a
removable electronic pack that acts as a type of jet drive:

http://www.vortapowersystems.com/

Pretty cool.