BoatBanter.com

-   -   Flexible resin (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6457-flexible-resin.html)

YSTay December 30th 03 02:03 AM

Flexible resin

Hi all,
I'm looking for a resin which is flexible and has good fatigue resistance.
Something like they use in the construction of the soles of Birkenstock
sandals. For those who don't know it, the soles are made of cork chips
which are bonded together with some kind of resin. They don't crack up and
are flexible enough for foot wear. Any one have any ideas? I reckon its a
type of epoxy but don't know what type. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Arnold

Paul Oman December 30th 03 11:55 PM

Flexible resin

"YSTay" wrote in message
Hi all,
I'm looking for a resin which is flexible and has good fatigue resistance.
Something like they use in the construction of the soles of Birkenstock
sandals. For those who don't know it, the soles are made of cork chips
which are bonded together with some kind of resin. They don't crack up

and
are flexible enough for foot wear. Any one have any ideas? I reckon its

type of epoxy but don't know what type. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Arnold

Check out the site
www.epoxyproducts.com/flexdeck.html
The flexdeck system consists of an extremely flexible epoxy and walnut shell
anti-slip grit. The company sells dozens of different epoxies and related
products.

- hope this isn't too commercial a response! That's why just web address above!

paul