BoatBanter.com

-   -   Big stitch and glue boats... (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/64282-big-stitch-glue-boats.html)

Russell Thompson December 18th 05 04:27 PM

Big stitch and glue boats...

Anyone built or seen a large (45+ ft) stitch and glue design?

RT

Brian December 18th 05 05:51 PM

Big stitch and glue boats...

Sure, Sam Devlin does boats that large.

Brian

Brian D December 18th 05 10:12 PM

Big stitch and glue boats...

You might try contacting Sam Devlin too. He mentions in his book that boats
over 90' long have been built with stitch-n-glue techniques. (Is 90' long a
ship or boat???)

Brian

m...

boatbuilder.org December 19th 05 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell Thompson

Go to http://www.devlinboat.com/dcsockeye45.htm. I just noticed the line drawing of the Sockeye 45 on that page is not accurate, but there are plenty of links to pictures of it. We also built a 42' version of the Sockeye and are going to start on another 45' after the 1st of the year.

Dale Gloer December 19th 05 03:58 PM

Big stitch and glue boats...

I was once told that a boat is anything that will fit on the deck of a
ship. :-)

Dale Gloer

Brian D wrote:
You might try contacting Sam Devlin too. He mentions in his book that boats
over 90' long have been built with stitch-n-glue techniques. (Is 90' long a
ship or boat???)

Brian

m...