BoatBanter.com

-   -   Speedometer on Larson 186 SEi with OB Johnson 150 (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6368-speedometer-larson-186-sei-ob-johnson-150-a.html)

Distancevector December 1st 03 01:58 PM

Speedometer on Larson 186 SEi with OB Johnson 150

My speedometer stopped working yesterday and I am not sure where the
intake tube is for it on this model. I am assuming maybe it is
clogged but not knowing much about it I would be open to any advice.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Brian Whatcott December 1st 03 11:36 PM

Speedometer on Larson 186 SEi with OB Johnson 150

On 1 Dec 2003 05:58:21 -0800,
(Distancevector) wrote:

My speedometer stopped working yesterday and I am not sure where the
intake tube is for it on this model. I am assuming maybe it is
clogged but not knowing much about it I would be open to any advice.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Unfamiliar with the boat. How accessible is the speedo head?
If accessible, you could try a gentle blow on a short tube connected
to the head. And you could try blowing down the installed tube towards
the pitot. You would then be in a position to draw conclusions.

Brian W