BoatBanter.com

-   -   Epoxy sales (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6145-epoxy-sales.html)

carlp October 5th 03 02:50 PM

Epoxy sales

Have you compared the prices of epoxy and sundries between here in the UK.
and the US. ONCE AGAIN WE ARE TRULY BEING RIPPED OFF.
As per usual we live in the land of bloody crooks we had cars costing
thousands of pounds more than on the continent, yes we know about our high
taxes on wines and smokes, this raw materials, we can blame the clown Blair
the overcharging like all the other items we pay through the nose for, he
allows it to continue, even the car prices despite their promises have only
come down sufficient to make us think twice is it worth the bother of
importing. the average car still cost £1500 more here in the UK. And it
looks as if we pay twice as much for epoxy.

Brian D October 6th 03 06:56 AM

Epoxy sales

Don't forget beer ...most expensive pints I've seen were in London, and I've
purchased beer all over the world. And on that epoxy ...are their any big
manufacturers in the UK? Shipping from the US has to be awful ...the stuff
weighs at least 10 pounds per gallon. And when importing, prices are always
hiked up a bit to make sure the distributor doesn't get bit by a poor or
changing exchange rate.

Brian

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

Jim Conlin October 6th 03 01:05 PM

Epoxy sales

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
Try  a href="http://www.spsystems.com/"SP Systems/a  IOW
brWhat they sell here is realstically priced.
pcarlp wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEHave you compared the prices of epoxy and sundries
between here in the UK.
brand the US. ONCE AGAIN WE ARE TRULY BEING RIPPED OFF.
brAs per usual we live in the land of bloody crooks we had cars costing
brthousands of pounds more than on the continent, yes we know about our
high
brtaxes on wines and smokes, this raw materials, we can blame the clown
Blair
brthe overcharging like all the other items we pay through the nose for,
he
brallows it to continue, even the car prices despite their promises have
only
brcome down sufficient to make us think twice is it worth the bother
of
brimporting. the average car still cost £1500 more here in the
UK. And it
brlooks as if we pay twice as much for epoxy./blockquote
/html

Kevin October 6th 03 05:47 PM

Epoxy sales

Just an idea, here in Canada rather than buying epoxy from a marine
supplier I got it from
a company that makes epoxies and urethanes for other purposes. The
epoxy I'm using
on my boat is formulated for hockey sticks. Same basic stuff, used
with carbon/glass
at a better price.

Just an idea,

Kevin

When I lived in London beer is the only thing I found less expensive
than
back home, for what it's worth....

carlp October 7th 03 12:03 PM

Epoxy sales

Thanks Kevin now that's a thought, only in the UK. we really are taken for a
ride, and it is a bit of a hobby horse at the moment what with one thing and
another.
Like I need hip resurfacing UK. cost £11000 I can get this done in Australia
for a quarter of this price same goes for India, even other countries of the
EU. I can have it done for just over half the UK. price.Do you think we are
being touched up.
/////////////////////////

Backyard Renegade October 7th 03 02:51 PM

Epoxy sales

"carlp" wrote in message ...
Thanks Kevin now that's a thought, only in the UK. we really are taken for a
ride, and it is a bit of a hobby horse at the moment what with one thing and
another.
Like I need hip resurfacing UK. cost £11000 I can get this done in Australia
for a quarter of this price same goes for India, even other countries of the
EU. I can have it done for just over half the UK. price.Do you think we are
being touched up.
/////////////////////////

Sounds like a good business opportunity to me. I know there is a lot
of boatbuilding activity on this board and others that is UK based.
Scotty, it's ok, I'll take only 10 percent ;)

carlp October 7th 03 04:52 PM

Epoxy sales

Thanks Kevin now that's a thought, only in the UK.
Alright friend one more on the gravyboat will make very little difference.
seriously though how can a country get into this economic situation, we used
to laugh at the Italian ways of doing business but our is blatant in your
face fraud. but not, because a seller may sell his goods or services for
what people will pay, I guess that makes us Brits really damn foolish.
/////////////////////

Bob La Londe October 10th 03 02:00 PM

Epoxy sales

"carlp" wrote in message
Thanks Kevin now that's a thought, only in the UK.

Alright friend one more on the gravyboat will make very little

difference.
seriously though how can a country get into this economic situation, we

used
to laugh at the Italian ways of doing business but our is blatant in your
face fraud. but not, because a seller may sell his goods or services for
what people will pay, I guess that makes us Brits really damn foolish.
/////////////////////

And people all aroud the world give capitolists a bad rap. Ha! Then to be
honest market driven economics only works with a fair court system and lots
of competition.

Backyard Renegade October 10th 03 10:19 PM

Epoxy sales

"carlp" wrote in message ...
Thanks Kevin now that's a thought, only in the UK.

Alright friend one more on the gravyboat will make very little difference.
seriously though how can a country get into this economic situation, we used
to laugh at the Italian ways of doing business but our is blatant in your
face fraud. but not, because a seller may sell his goods or services for
what people will pay, I guess that makes us Brits really damn foolish.
/////////////////////

Don't be so hard on yer'self, the Brits are just all right with me. I
love that whole "shrimp on the barbie" thing. Just kidding, I know
that is Austrian. So g'day mate, Scotty

Stephen Baker October 11th 03 01:34 AM

Epoxy sales

Scotty says:

love that whole "shrimp on the barbie" thing. Just kidding, I know
that is Austrian.

Take your tongue out of your cheek, Scotty - I don't think our Arnie (aka "The
Governator") grew up with shrimps on the barby.....

Steve