BoatBanter.com

-   -   Pontoon boats... (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/6051-pontoon-boats.html)

Ed Edelenbos September 10th 03 03:25 AM

Pontoon boats...

Ok, I've seen the ClarkCraft Deckboat, the Glen-L pontoon boats, the
various pontoon kit sellers, and a few "free" pontoon boat plans on the
web (Pontune comes to mind)...

I've used "Hulls" to analyze designs I've come up with on my own.

I'm about to start on a small boat (8' pontoons and a 4 by 6 deck, 2
adult/1 adult and 2-3 kids, ply on frame construction although the
bigger boat might be glassed) to work out logistics and find stuff my
experience, research, and drawings don't tell me.

Does anyone know of other sources for tips/hints/designs for these typse
of boats? Basically what I want is a floating "base camp" that I can
motor (or tow) a mile down the creek to the "lake" (a section of river 1
mi. wide and 7 mi. long) and use as a floating swim platform, picnic
deck, and/or base from which to go on excursions into the lake. For the
most part, the waves are limited to the wake from ski boats although
when the wind is blowing with the river (N or S) there can be 1'-2' waves.

Thanks in advance...
Ed

Ron Thornton September 10th 03 04:11 AM

Pontoon boats...

4 feet wide is going to be tipsie. I'd go 8' x 8' minimum.

Ron