BoatBanter.com

-   -   Starcraft 140 18ft (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/5875-starcraft-140-18ft.html)

Fisherman August 1st 03 03:41 PM

Starcraft 140 18ft

I just bought a 1976-78 Starcraft with a Mercruiser 140. It runs nice.
Is there anything I should worry about? Expensive part replacements?
Hard to find parts I should have on hand? Things to check? Keep good
maintenance on? What would you do? and Why?

Brian Whatcott August 2nd 03 04:42 AM

Starcraft 140 18ft

On 1 Aug 2003 07:41:37 -0700, (Fisherman) wrote:

I just bought a 1976-78 Starcraft with a Mercruiser 140. It runs nice.
Is there anything I should worry about? Expensive part replacements?
Hard to find parts I should have on hand? Things to check? Keep good
maintenance on? What would you do? and Why?

Have somebody that knows his way round a Mercruiser
pull the outdrive and look for water damage.If not grease the
universals etc., if so replace the seals.
Wait a while, and you will be replacing gears too.

Brian Whatcott