BoatBanter.com

-   -   Steel Boat Double Ended Transon Hung Rudder Conversion (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/5844-steel-boat-double-ended-transon-hung-rudder-conversion.html)

Gcrothers July 24th 03 09:42 PM

Steel Boat Double Ended Transon Hung Rudder Conversion

Can anyone point me to any articles/pictures of double ended yachts, that
have wheel steering installed.

I want to convert my Gypsy Rover from tiller to wheel steering..
I have something rigged up already but its a big agricultural, so I am
looking for ideas.

tia
garry

Ian Malcolm July 26th 03 12:58 AM

Steel Boat Double Ended Transon Hung Rudder Conversion

Stephen Baker wrote:

Gcrothers says:

I want to convert my Gypsy Rover from tiller to wheel steering..
I have something rigged up already but its a big agricultural, so I am
looking for ideas.

Take a peak at Edson's webiste. They do a unit just for double-ended
externally-hung rudders.

www.edsonmarine.com

How _do_ you hang a rudder on the "transom" of a double-ender? ;-)

Steve "just funnin' ya" Baker

First find a double ender with a transom at both ends :-)
ianm[at]the[dash]malcolms[dot]freeserve[dot]co[dot]uk [at]=@, [dash]=- &
[dot]=.
*Warning* SPAM TRAP set in header, Use email address in sig. if you must.
'Stingo' Albacore #1554 - 15' Uffa Fox designed, All varnished hot moulded
wooden racing dinghy circa. 1961