BoatBanter.com

-   -   Boat Displacement (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/5736-re-boat-displacement.html)

Brian D July 2nd 03 06:01 AM

Boat Displacement

Maximum cargo weight == Maximum displacement minus the actual weight of the
boat, motor, fuels and liquids, gear, crew, etcetera.

Brian

--
- Remove the uppercase NS' characters from my email address
"Asad Kazmi" wrote in message
Hi,

I am newbie and like to know that is boat displacement is the total weight
boat can carry?

I want to know how much cargo a boat can carry?

Asad Kazmi

William R. Watt July 2nd 03 03:04 PM

Boat Displacement

the word I've most often seen is "capacity" to distinguish load from
displacement

National Capital FreeNet www.ncf.ca Ottawa's free community network
website: www.ncf.ca/~ag384 "Tank, take me in."

Brian D July 3rd 03 03:44 AM

Boat Displacement

That sounds like a better term. Definitions of what a "ready to sail" boat
vary a bit too. I think most common is the weight of the boat and running
gear, full crew and rations, half fuel...or something like that. Can't
remember. In any case, the capacity is the max displacement minus the
"ready to sail" weight.

Brian

--

----