BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bolger's Delaware Trawler (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/48896-bolgers-delaware-trawler.html)

Handyman September 24th 05 01:40 PM

Bolger's Delaware Trawler

There was a recent article in one of the boat enthusiasts magazines
(not sure if it was MAIB) on a "concept" called the Delaware Trawler.
I found some of the illustrations in one of the yahoo bolger groups
along with a brief article. Couldn't tell very much about the hull
though, as the cartoons had a "faxed" blurry look.

Just wondering if anyone gas heard anything more about this boat? I
know that Mr. Bolger has had some inquiries with at least two who
committed to build the boat if he finished the plans. I was also
wondering if this boat has a Windermere type hull bottom with the box
keel covered with fillets at the bow and a layer of plywood on the
bottom to form an arc. I never cared for the first generations of the
box keel because of its appearence and pounding. But the Windermere
seems to have really come a long way in design since boats like Hawkeye
and Micro-trawler.

Thanks!

Roger Derby September 24th 05 02:14 PM

I don't know about the trawler first hand, but there is a very active group
of Bolger enthusiasts at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bolger/
(Note: there are at least five other Bolger groups. These are "overflow
groups" to handle the limited storage space for any one group. The main
discussion is as above.)

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

ups.com...