Default Lightwieght family runabout

Hi, I'm working with a boatbuilder here in Philadelphia
(www.woodenboatfactory.org) to build a custom family runabout. We're
looking for a design that comes as close as possible to satisfying
these requirements:

- boat + trailer + engine = 2700lbs (towing capacity of my vehicle)
- small cuddy to shelter the little ones from bad weather and hide a
portapotti
- able to cruise comfortably at 15 - 20 knots through a light chop
- cockpit layout geared entirely toward socializing (cocktail hour)
- room for 2-4 adults and assorted little ones to day-cruise.
- wood-composite construction
- classic lines

If we had to compromise on anything, the first to go would be the
'classic lines'. it could look really wierd if it got the rest of the
job done.

As far as production boats go, the Nantucket comes closest to our ideal
both functionally and aesthetically.
http://www.boats-nantucket.com/index_uk.html. However, it's made in
France, and is too heavy at ~3700lbs displacement.

Are we unrealistic in trying to achieve all of this? Any ideas out
there for an existing design, or one that could be modified to suit?
Any designers interested in discussing further?

Evan Gatehouse

Hi, I'm working with a boatbuilder here in Philadelphia
(
[...]

Check out these:

http://www.boatplans-online.com/stud...kpit_study.htm

http://www.boatplans-online.com/stud...LB22_study.htm

The first may not be the right style, the second is very
nice looking.

Evan Gatehouse

(I sell several designs at this site, but not either of the
above ones. The support / builder's forum is excellent)

Bowgus

Coincidence ... I've pretty much gutted my old beater (vinyl's gone, new
floor, temporary engine cover, ... ) and I have the D25 pics on hand as
ideas for a superstructure.

Check out these:

http://www.boatplans-online.com/stud...kpit_study.htm

( OT )_ Bush family a little history of their wealth Jim, General 5 April 20th 05 01:16 PM
OT Just for Jimcomma John H General 1 April 8th 05 05:11 PM
DeLay Pulled Plug on His Own Father... Jim, General 1 March 28th 05 08:19 PM
(OT) There are links between the Bush family and the Bin Laden family [email protected] General 0 March 26th 04 05:16 PM
( OT ) The great escape Jim General 0 March 11th 04 05:12 AM