BoatBanter.com

-   -   Phil Bolger (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/48297-phil-bolger.html)

William R. Watt September 9th 05 07:37 PM

Phil Bolger

Is he designing cars now?
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Sam September 9th 05 10:03 PM

William R. Watt wrote:
Is he designing cars now?
William R Watt

Are you referring to those "Scions" that look like Herman Munster's
head on wheels? Sam

William R. Watt September 10th 05 10:38 PM

Seeing more and more boxy vehicles on the road as well as on the water.
Bolger was ahead of his time.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

M Russon September 12th 05 10:38 PM

On 9 Sep 2005 18:37:49 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:

Is he designing cars now?

But wasn't it the Japanese that designed the Honda Element? Another
box on wheels......WAIT..it was Volvo.....:o)

M Russon

Susan Davis September 15th 05 04:05 AM

William R. Watt wrote:
Is he designing cars now?

Despite the appearance of the Pontiac Aztek, no.

He is designing some rather non-square boats, however, including a
rather sleek 60' racing schooner (which, naturally, folds up in three
sections for highway transport) that he's designing for me.

But no cars.

-- Sue --
(currently sailing a Bolger "His and Her" schooner and driving an Aztek)

--
Susan Davis

Peter HK September 15th 05 06:32 AM

"Susan Davis" wrote in message
William R. Watt wrote:
Is he designing cars now?

Despite the appearance of the Pontiac Aztek, no.

He is designing some rather non-square boats, however, including a rather
sleek 60' racing schooner (which, naturally, folds up in three sections
for highway transport) that he's designing for me.

But no cars.

-- Sue --
(currently sailing a Bolger "His and Her" schooner and driving an Aztek)

60 feet- sounds like fun.

My brother and I have the 30 ft folding schooner which in the right
conditions performs brilliantly- often sitting on 12-13 knots with bursts up
to 15. We had thought of building another section to fit in the middle of
the two current hulls to make a 45ft, 3 masted schooner that would require 2
trailers.

If we made 2 extra hulls, folded them like the 30 footer, we could fit both
on the second trailer and have a 60 ft, 4 masted schooner ;-)

Now that boat would go like hell on a beam reach!

We could even still keep it all in the garage.

I'd better not mention this to my brother- he's crazy enough to do it.

Peter HK