BoatBanter.com

-   -   keel bolts (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/48252-keel-bolts.html)

Don September 8th 05 05:09 AM

keel bolts

I have made over 50,000 keel bolts and i want to set the record strait
on how they are cast in ect.
90 % of the keel bolts are 316,now, all thread with a j bend on the
keel bolt .They are hung in the mold by a ladder an on each rung they
have clamps the hold the bolt strait.
You can take these type of keel bolts out of the keel and it takes
about an hour each. Putting them back into the keel and making sure
they don't pull out again takes about 2 hours. It is not hard work but
you have to know what you are doing to make sure that you put the keel
back in with the same amount of strenght as it had when cast in.
If you want to know more call or email me and I will explain how but I
hope that I will be hired to do it.
Don Huseman 3104186481