BoatBanter.com

-   -   boat Transport (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/47080-boat-transport.html)

chuck August 8th 05 09:17 PM

boat Transport

Anyone out there with any recommendations or information on a transport
company that can haul our heavy displacement full keel 40' sailboat
from Corpus Christi, Texas to Los Angeles, California? Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

William Brown August 9th 05 03:19 PM

Many of the transport companies offer free quotes; give them a call. I
suspect it will be fairly pricey as often sailboats are too tall to get
under the bridges on the interstates, so they have to route around them.

Andrew Butchart August 12th 05 06:10 PM

If you're not in a hurry, you could send it as deck cargo on a freighter -
or just sail it there.

--
Andrew Butchart

oups.com...