BoatBanter.com

-   -   HF antenna placement question (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/46714-hf-antenna-placement-question.html)

Bruce in Alaska August 2nd 05 08:06 PM

In article ,
Brian Whatcott wrote:

Oh, I feel such a dud, not even knowing trhat your anonymous buddy is
in fact a big man on the radio waves in Alaska.

Oh, I feel so bad.
Still, I *can* spell. Does that count?
:-)

Brian W

and what makes you thnk he is "My Buddy"....... I just happen to
have worked with him, 35 years ago, at Northern Radio Co. He
was more than compitant then, and still compitant now, well as long as
you take into account that he may be having "Senior Moments" these days.

as for your spelling..... quote from above...."knowing trhat your"

Just what word is that in the middle there? Does "thrat" count?

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @

Don White August 2nd 05 09:58 PM

Me wrote:
In article ,
"Mungo Bulge" wrote:

I'll get there again sooner or latter. Maybe on my way back from Lat
69.4 N Long 132.96 W

Over playing with he Canuks, are you? Just make sure you get out befor
the Ice closes in.......

Me

Or is that off the northern coast of Alaska? We'll claim it for Canada
anyway.

Mungo Bulge August 3rd 05 01:12 AM

I don't mind the ice and cold, its the fact that I have to ask
permission to go out side in the winter that bugs me.

Jim Richardson August 3rd 05 10:03 AM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:06:47 GMT,
Bruce in Alaska wrote:
In article ,
Brian Whatcott wrote:

Oh, I feel such a dud, not even knowing trhat your anonymous buddy is
in fact a big man on the radio waves in Alaska.

Oh, I feel so bad.
Still, I *can* spell. Does that count?
:-)

Brian W

and what makes you thnk he is "My Buddy"....... I just happen to
have worked with him, 35 years ago, at Northern Radio Co. He
was more than compitant then, and still compitant now, well as long as
you take into account that he may be having "Senior Moments" these days.

as for your spelling..... quote from above...."knowing trhat your"

Just what word is that in the middle there? Does "thrat" count?

Bruce in alaska

Probably about as much as a competent speller would think... absent any
"senior moments"

"Microsoft Wheel. Now with 8 sides for a smoother ride."
-- The Ghost in the Machine, in COLA

Brian Whatcott August 3rd 05 05:16 PM

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:06:47 GMT, Bruce in Alaska
wrote:

In article ,
Brian Whatcott wrote:

Oh, I feel such a dud, not even knowing trhat your anonymous buddy is
in fact a big man on the radio waves in Alaska.

Oh, I feel so bad.
Still, I *can* spell. Does that count?
:-)

Brian W

and what makes you thnk he is "My Buddy"....... I just happen to
have worked with him, 35 years ago, at Northern Radio Co. He
was more than compitant then, and still compitant now, well as long as
you take into account that he may be having "Senior Moments" these days.

as for your spelling..... quote from above...."knowing trhat your"

Just what word is that in the middle there? Does "thrat" count?

Bruce in alaska

I'll trade three" trhats" to two of your (and strangely enough ME's)
"compitants"

You two must really get along well together when you meet?

:-)

Brian W

Heikki August 14th 05 10:56 AM

"Me" wrote:

There are few 3 Mhz Marine Frequencies, (Mostly in alaskan waters)
and most non-commercial MF/HF Marine Radio Users rarely use any below
the Maritime Mobile 4 Mhz Band.

I don't claim to be any sort of expert, but on the radio course I took, we
learned that 2182 kHz is "the international distress, safety and calling
frequency for radiotelephony". As far as I can see that is well below 4MHz,
and commonly used even outside Alaska.

-Heikki