BoatBanter.com

-   -   Stripping Wax (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/38284-stripping-wax.html)

Bob La Londe May 17th 05 05:00 PM

Stripping Wax

What is the best way to strip wax off the cap on my boat with out damaging
my gel coat. I have a very very nice finish and I don't want to turn it
milky by using an abrasive on it. A cleanser of some kind that will strip
the wax, but not put micro scratches in the finish is what I have in mind.
Then I'll re-wax and buff out.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

M.Butzin May 19th 05 03:30 AM

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news:1116345827.d78d0129205c8e64f21c3776864fed3c@t eranews...
What is the best way to strip wax off the cap on my boat with out damaging
my gel coat. I have a very very nice finish and I don't want to turn it
milky by using an abrasive on it. A cleanser of some kind that will strip
the wax, but not put micro scratches in the finish is what I have in mind.
Then I'll re-wax and buff out.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Ammonia will strip off wax dilute with warm water about a cup a gallon. You
can put a white towel on it to keep it wet and re wet every 10 Min. Also
dishwashing soap will strip off wax use a sponge wash twice rinse very well
before reapplying wax.