BoatBanter.com

-   -   How to make a boat terrorist-proof ? ? ? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/27781-how-make-boat-terrorist-proof.html)

Dan Simper February 5th 05 02:20 AM

How to make a boat terrorist-proof ? ? ?

You know, the 7 seas are full of sand******s who want to blow you
up.So we need sand******-proof boats.

What do I need to make my boat sand******-suicide-bomber-proof ???

rascalfair February 5th 05 05:26 PM

There's no way....period. By the time they're on your boat, it's too
late. The only way to terror-proof your boat is the same way to
terror-proof the world. Kill those *******s over there, before they
get to your boat.

rhys February 6th 05 03:33 AM

On 4 Feb 2005 18:20:17 -0800, (Dan Simper)
wrote:

You know, the 7 seas are full of sand******s who want to blow you
up.So we need sand******-proof boats.

What do I need to make my boat sand******-suicide-bomber-proof ???

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm thinking the use of the term "sand******"
is going to attract unfriendly attention.

Steve Lusardi February 6th 05 09:49 AM

Dan,
The answer is actually simple. You need a 1/2" Browning, a 40 mm grenade
launcher, a high pressure water cannon, maybe light armor in the cockpit and
a lot of common sense. The threat is a few individuals, not a nation. The
risk is their engines, not their intent.
Steve

om...

Stephen Baker February 6th 05 01:44 PM

I have a sign over my door saying "May this house be safe from tigers". Thus
far, it has worked like a charm.
Maybe something similar will work for your boat. ;-)

Or, to put it another way, the threat to your boat from terrorists (who are
always pictured in the US as desert-dwelling landlubbers anyway) is probably so
small that it is insignificant. Like trying to protect your city-only car from
passing elephants.

Steve

[email protected] February 6th 05 04:25 PM

If a message sounds odd, click on "show options" next to the posters
name, then click "Find messages by this author". If the person has
posted 900+ messages in 2 days with headings such as above or " Is it
legal to have sex with roses?", the person could possibly be a troll.

Twilk February 6th 05 09:06 PM

No way to make a boat terrorist proof or racist proof a newsgroup either.

Twilk February 6th 05 09:06 PM

NO way to make boats terrorist proof or racist proof. Unfortunately the same
goes for newsgroups
om...

Robert Larder February 6th 05 10:08 PM

True, but no need to quote the troll in full..... not even once, never mind
twice!

OldNick February 8th 05 04:13 AM

On 6 Feb 2005 08:25:59 -0800, vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

If a message sounds odd, click on "show options" next to the posters
name, then click "Find messages by this author". If the person has
posted 900+ messages in 2 days with headings such as above or " Is it
legal to have sex with roses?", the person could possibly be a troll.

Really don't need to here methinks.

You are also assuming that everyone else is looking at these messages
the same way you are.