BoatBanter.com

-   -   New ACQ treated pine?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/22772-new-acq-treated-pine.html)

Rich September 15th 04 02:41 AM

New ACQ treated pine??

Has anyone started testing the typical marine adhesives on the new Copper
rich pressure treated pine? Wonder if they will stick? If no one else
has, I guess I will make up some sample frames and ply joints and give them
a shot.

Any suggestions for a testing regimen after the samples have set up?
Any requests for which adhesives to try? (epoxy and 5200 come to mind; may
try PL polyurethane also.)

Should make a great workboat with the equivalent of anti fouling built into
the planking.

Rich