BoatBanter.com

-   -   Skipjack construction (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/19105-skipjack-construction.html)

launchways July 27th 04 12:37 AM

Skipjack construction

I have a completed hull of a 45' three-sail bateau. Three people have
expressed reservations about Chappelle's design where the herring
bone planking meets the centerboard. The concern is that it will leak
there through the seams and from the terrific forces in that area. I
would like to hear from anyone who has built a skipjack from one of
Chappelle's designs or owns one. I hate to throw the hull on the
garbage heap but on the other hand do I wish to invest in having it
finished if it is a faulty design. Comments will be most welcome.Enid
Cooper