posted to rec.boats.building

Default Need source for marine electrical switches

On Wednesday, June 16, 1999 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Charlie wrote:
I'm re-instrumenting my 1982 Formula F25-SC, and as part of the effort, I'm
replacing the switches on the dash (blower, wiper, bilge pump, nav & anchor
lights...)

I'm looking for a source of marine-rated switches that are cosmetically
appealing. I'm making a new panel, so the size and shape of the mounting
hole isn't critical - in fact, the switch will determine it.

I'd probably like to have these switches lighted. I know this is asking a
lot, BUT...where the nav/anchor light switch is a DPDT with center-off, I'd
LOVE to have one that is a different color for nav (green) and anchor (red).
That would allow me to know that I have the right position , even when it's
too dark to see the switch.

Does anybody know of a decent source of such hardware?

Thanks a million!

Charlie

thanks dear to sharing the amazing view.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Wednesday, June 16, 1999 12:30:00 PM UTC+5:30, Charlie wrote:
I'm re-instrumenting my 1982 Formula F25-SC, and as part of the effort, I'm
replacing the switches on the dash (blower, wiper, bilge pump, nav & anchor

led lights...)

I'm looking for a source of marine-rated switches that are cosmetically
appealing. I'm making a new panel, so the size and shape of the mounting
hole isn't critical - in fact, the switch will determine it.

I'd probably like to have these switches lighted. I know this is asking a
lot, BUT...where the nav/anchor light switch is a DPDT with center-off, I'd
LOVE to have one that is a different color for nav (green) and anchor (red).
That would allow me to know that I have the right position , even when it's
too dark to see the switch.

Does anybody know of a decent source of such hardware?

Thanks a million!

Charlie

thanks dear to sharing the amazing view.
Nice interesting hardware. Were you able to get it? I would love to have it so please reply ASAP

Last edited by AlexanderBurke : June 7th 13 at 04:53 PM