BoatBanter.com

-   -   What is a bugeye ketch? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/156981-what-bugeye-ketch.html)

[email protected] May 5th 13 10:57 PM

What is a bugeye ketch?

I worked on the C.F. Miles,with Charlie Simpkins and Al Parker out of Little Creek in the eighties.We were crab dredging, I loved that boat.Had a lot of character, the planking was amazing,fore and aft,double ended,I remember some of the planks were over 3 or 4 feet wide,the keelson was so wide I could not step over it,and I am six two, I had to step on it to cross over it.. It had a Murphy six cylinder Diesel engine..what ever happened to it,I heard it sank in Carolina.