BoatBanter.com

-   -   Restoring old Nordic closed bow outboard speedboat from late 1970's (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/115306-restoring-old-nordic-closed-bow-outboard-speedboat-late-1970s.html)

Amigoid May 3rd 10 11:58 PM

Restoring old Nordic closed bow outboard speedboat from late 1970's

This boat has the old brown and orange color scheme that you saw a lot
of in the seventies.
Its a fiberglass boat and I wanted to get some advice on what kinds of
polish and waxes you would recommend for restoring an older boat. Not
faded, looks pretty good, good enough not to immediately need a
repaint.

It has brown astroturf style carpet and white seats that show some
weathering and cracking but again not immediately needing
replacement. I'm open to suggestions on what you'd use for interior
cleanout.

Amigoid May 4th 10 12:40 AM

On May 3, 4:58*pm, Amigoid wrote:
This boat has the old brown and orange color scheme that you saw a lot
of in the seventies.
Its a fiberglass boat and I wanted to get some advice on what kinds of
polish and waxes you would recommend for restoring an older boat. *Not
faded, looks pretty good, good enough not to immediately need a
repaint.

It has brown astroturf style carpet and white seats that show some
weathering and cracking but again not immediately needing
replacement. *I'm open to suggestions on what you'd use for interior
cleanout.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...ull%2019 70s/

Link to some pictures

mmc May 8th 10 01:40 PM

"Amigoid" wrote in message
On May 3, 4:58 pm, Amigoid wrote:
This boat has the old brown and orange color scheme that you saw a lot
of in the seventies.
Its a fiberglass boat and I wanted to get some advice on what kinds of
polish and waxes you would recommend for restoring an older boat. Not
faded, looks pretty good, good enough not to immediately need a
repaint.

It has brown astroturf style carpet and white seats that show some
weathering and cracking but again not immediately needing
replacement. I'm open to suggestions on what you'd use for interior
cleanout.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...ull%2019 70s/

Link to some pictures
For gelcoat I like poly glow. 2 Part cleaner/polish system that is very easy
and fast to use with great results.