BoatBanter.com

-   -   cockpit decking grates (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/103596-cockpit-decking-grates.html)

Island Teak March 24th 09 10:23 PM

cockpit decking grates

This is advertising, but you have to follow my address back to the source,
if you are interested.

Regards..Ken

[email protected] April 3rd 09 06:51 PM

cockpit decking grates

Ken:

A year or so ago you announced a "will not ship to the USA" policy.

Has this changed?

MW

Island Teak April 4th 09 04:46 PM

cockpit decking grates

Hello Mike,

At that time the U.S was implementing a law that would prohibit Burma teak
from entering the U.S., however, that law was suspended at the last moment.
(Boat industry lobbyists ?). Later a similar law did come into effect, but
only for Burmese jade. However, the new Lacey Act is expected to come into
effect on May 1/09, which is intended to stop illegally logged timber from
entering the U.S.. No one knows yet what will be the working outcome of the
Lacey Act ammendment and how it will effect teak supplies in the U.S..

When this all started I switched over to sourcing reclaimed teak timbers so
I would be exempt from these new import restrictions.

Yes...still shipping to the U.S..

regards...Ken