BoatBanter.com

-   -   Oar length (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/103421-oar-length.html)

Dan Listermann March 18th 09 02:59 PM

Oar length

We bought a 14' x 5' johnboat. It did not come with oars and I want to buy
some. How long should they be? I am about 5' 6" tall if that is important.

Tom Dacon[_2_] March 18th 09 03:31 PM

Oar length

A quick Google search on "oar length calculation" brought up this link:

http://www.shawandtenney.com/wooden-rowing-oars.htm

Look towards the lower part of the page.

Tom Dacon