BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sailing during Indian Summer (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/99857-sailing-during-indian-summer.html)

John W. Bienko November 7th 08 03:01 PM

Sailing during Indian Summer

I had the good fortune to be invited to sail on the
Ottawa River at 44 degrees Latitude on the 6 November 2008.
Indian Summer sailing was spectacular.. a bite in the air..
sunny all day.. bright red setting sun.. misty waters
blending with the shore.
The view from the Magic Dragon Lounge at the Britannia Yacht Club
was magnificent.

[email protected] November 9th 08 04:53 PM

(John W. Bienko) wrote:
I had the good fortune to be invited to sail on the
Ottawa River at 44 degrees Latitude on the 6 November 2008.
Indian Summer sailing was spectacular.. a bite in the air..
sunny all day.. bright red setting sun.. misty waters
blending with the shore.
The view from the Magic Dragon Lounge at the Britannia Yacht Club
was magnificent.

Sounds nice, although weren't you sad to know it was probably the last
sail of the season?

We're just starting our winter racing series here. The first races
were to be in late Oct but cancelled due to a half-gale... we had fun
sailing anyway. Yesterday (Saturday) had the second set of races,
beautiful weather (temps around 70F or low 20s C) and winds a little
gusty & flukey but fun for racing. About 20 boats out on the Neuse
River enjoying it all.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King