BoatBanter.com

-   -   Stormglass (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/99084-stormglass.html)

John W. Bienko October 11th 08 02:34 PM

Stormglass

Reading a book re the HMS Beagle I discovered
reference to a Stormglass.
I ordered one from the Chandlery and was very
pleased with the simple technology and the
reliablity of the forecast weather.

jlrogers±³©[_2_] October 11th 08 04:13 PM

Stormglass

"John W. Bienko" wrote in message
Reading a book re the HMS Beagle I discovered
reference to a Stormglass.
I ordered one from the Chandlery and was very
pleased with the simple technology and the
reliablity of the forecast weather.

May I assume it;s a glass tube with mercury in it?

[email protected] October 11th 08 04:50 PM

Stormglass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_glass