BoatBanter.com

-   -   McCain aide linked to Freddie Scandal (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/98398-mccain-aide-linked-freddie-scandal.html)

Charles Momsen September 24th 08 04:44 PM

McCain aide linked to Freddie Scandal

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/...a/w24davis.php

Solution: Give politicians even more power over business!

If business and government were kept as separate as religion and government
would problems of such magnitude exist?

People will claim that businesses buy politicians for advantages, but I
disagree. Microsoft staunchly did not have lobbyists or any political
contributions. Then they were harassed about "monopoly" power. Once they
started buying off politicians, the trouble ceased.

Political contributions by businesses are protection money. Can you imagine
churches paying off politicians so they wouldn't be persecuted?

"We must get rid of the influence of business in politics!" , cry the
concerned. To do that we first must remove the influence/control that
politics has on business.

Freddie and Fannie exist because of Federal Government decree:

http://www.freddiemac.com/governance/pdf/charter.pdf

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...13_20_III.html

More government is not the solution to our problem. It is the problem.