BoatBanter.com

-   -   Clean Boating Act signed into law. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/96587-clean-boating-act-signed-into-law.html)

Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] August 1st 08 06:11 PM

Clean Boating Act signed into law.

E-mail from Boat US: See, I told you so. I told you not to worry. You
should learn to listen to me.

Wilbur Hubbard

Dear BoatU.S. Member,

Thanks to some great teamwork, the threat of a new EPA discharge permit
for all your boats is gone!

On Tuesday night, President Bush signed into law "The Clean Boating Act
of 2008," which gives recreational boats a permanent exemption for the court
imposed EPA discharge permit.

I thank each of you for helping create this victory for boating. Every
time we asked for your help, you were there to push the legislation further
down the path towards successful passage. You contacted your Members of
Congress and helped them understand the importance of boating in your life.
And Congress heard the loud voices of tens of thousands of boaters! Nice
work!

Enjoy the rest of the summer on the water!

Margaret Podlich
Vice President of Government Affairs
BoatU.S.

For more information on this topic please visit
www.boatus.com/gov.